Thursday, December 29, 2022

2022Janus2023

     I look back over my 2022 calendar, and everything seems so long ago! Was it only nine months ago that I was skiing in Alaska? Only since June that I had COVID on a river cruise in France? Only three months ago that I hiked the Dolomites? Has Russia been sowing destruction in Ukraine for less that a year? It seems like it has been forever! Is it like that every year? Or is there something about the passage of time as one ages that makes time pass differently?

Time Changes (A Nonet)

Time changes, as one ages, from breeze to whirlwind.
The grandchild you played with suddenly teen-age different.
Childhood memories stay fresh, undisturbed by maelstroms
While time's windstorms destroy yesterday's memories.
The years collapse into days
Brief as dandelion puffs
Caught by wind
Gone into
Time


No comments:

Post a Comment